Friday, January 25, 2008

Balancing it all

Lately I feel like I have one too many balls in the air. New job, contract work, babysitting, wedding planning, the end of my student loan grace period, and the first steps of buying a new house are all up in the air. I am grateful for the first three, without them I couldn’t come close to attacking the rest of the list. The key for me will be figuring out how to find the balance between the different jobs and the best way to divert those funds to all of the expenses.

Some goals for the year are saving for:
  • saving for our wedding
  • creating the rest of an emergency fund (1/6th of the way there)
  • saving a down payment for our first home
  • paying at least an extra $3000 of the principal on my student loans
Hopefully that isn't more than I can handle.

Update: Doing the calculations on each payment are getting to be too much. I'm going to go for an extra $3000 in payments instead.

No comments: