Sunday, July 20, 2008

We have a house!

We're officially homeowners! And I've made 5-6 trips to Home Depot and Lowes in the past 3 days to prove it. So far things are going well. Yesterday I got the air ducts cleaned, vacumed, and shampooed all of the carpets. This was when I realized how big the house is. In the first rooms I was doing salsa moves with the vaccum. By the end of the carpet shampooing I kept telling myself things like: just one more room and I'm not touching a box for the next week.

My father in law wiped down the walls, cleaned out the cabinets and put the pantry together as best he could. While I was at Home Depot math powers left me and I got boards that are too short- especially if I want to stockpile. Today or tomorrow I'll be making another trip to return and exchange them. I'm also working on keeping all of our receipts and warranties organized. I've missed the time for a morning lawn watering so I think I'm going to make some pancakes and chill out. This evening we'll try a mix the vent guy told me about to help bring the lawn back.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Congrats! That sounds so exciting!

I can't wait until our downpayment fund has enough money to actually get a house.