Monday, August 11, 2008

Kitchen Amnesia

The appliances are all delivered. The pantry and pans are unpacked. The fridge has food in it. This should be the perfect trifecta for lovely homemade meals in my new kitchen.

For a little perspective I should explain that my last kitchen was about the size of a postage stamp. It was near impossible for two adults to stand simultaneously try to do anything without running into or stepping on each other. In the lovely new kitchen we have cabinets to adequately store things and abundant counter space (including an island).

So why am I suffering from kitchen amnesia? I define this as what happens when you can't think of anything to cook. Outside of two meals (a pasta bake and baked mac and cheese) I can't think of ANYTHING to cook.

For the sake of my wallet (in my world kitchen amnesia = a lot of takeout) and waistline (have I mentioned that we're getting married in two weeks) I need to get myself back into the kitchen. I"m going to try to unearth to cookbooks* and spend a little time online looking for recipes. If you have any veggie recipes that you love send them my way.

*note to self cookbooks and regular books shouldn't be packed together.

No comments: