Tuesday, October 21, 2008

S word

Today is the second day that the S word is in the forecast. Really there are 2 S words, but they're equally icky- snow and sleet. I've always lived places with winter, but October is just too early.

As the season continues I'll try to keep the whining to a minimum, but if you think about it snow is really bad for the budget. Normally we get a lot of sun keeping the temperature moderate. Snow = clouds = colder = more heat. It also means treacherous driving which can = costly car repairs. Finally it makes me want to hide in bed, which = not enough financial snowflakes.

So I'm not really whining, I'm worried about my finances :) Here's hoping I wake up to wet grass and not much else.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

It's been cold in CO this week, and it sucks to wake up to a cold house. :)

Anonymous said...

We actually like the "s" word here. Being in the south it shuts everything down. No way to get out and spend money.