My net worth continues to increase, though at a much slower rate. I’m hoping that by my next birthday (February) the hard work of 2008 will result in a positive net worth. All of the sidebars are also slowly making their way across- except for my student loan which is on auto-pilot. The last goal I wrote about was staying sane, which I like to think I’ve accomplished. :)
For the past few days I’ve been thinking about where I’d like to go financially during October. In no particular order:
- Get my Roth funds above 60%. I’d hoped to have this funded by the end of the year and without some crazy action I’m not sure if it will happen.
- Decide where I want to invest my 2008 Roth money. My last Roth is with Vanguard, who I like, but am not necessarily married to. I’m also trying to decide on what type of fund, specifically if I should go with a socially responsible fund.
- Only eat lunch out 3 times (not including lunch meetings).
- Keep grocery spending under $300.
- Be mindful about house purchases- waiting until we can afford to buy outside of regular maintenance.
- Go 400 miles on one tank of gas.