Sunday, July 12, 2009

Theaters that Don't Feel Like Igloo's

Last night, for the second Saturday in a row, a good friend and I went to see a movie*. Both times I put on pants, sneakers, and a t-shirt. I also carried a fleece/sweater with me to deal with the inevitable chill. But guess what? I didn't need a layer of warmth to sit through the movie.

To properly understand how crazy this is you need to know that I am ALWAYS cold. I blame my Carribean/African ancestry. I keep a few sweaters in my car, one in his car, and can't remember the last time we went to a party or out to dinner where I didn't need one.

During both movies I felt comfortable. Even a little warm during one, ruining my friends attempt to escape her no AC apartment and cool down a bit. One theater was a big multi-plex that has IMAX screens and the other was a little artsy place that also serves adult beverages. I guess it's just another sign of the weak economy.

*Breaking my annual movie streak.

1 comment:

MoneyMaus said...

I went to a movie last Thursday and, like you, I am ALWAYS cold as well... and I didn't need the jacket I had brought into the theater either! Had thought it was just a fluke, but guess not. :)