Thursday, June 11, 2009

Almost free health care

Today there was a meeting at work about open enrollment. We're a little crazy right now so I asked the HR lady what I needed to do if I am fine with my current level of benefits. Everything will be the same price, with the exception of our health insurance.

Currently I pay $5/month for my well known HMO. Overall I'm happy with my coverage. The only things I'd change are: an allergy center closer to me and phone appointment booking during the after hours.

The new plan is $25/month for the same level of coverage. Unless you fill out a health survey. You can choose to have the information added to your chart (or not). The only information my job receives is that I took the assessment. It's the kind of thing I'd do on my own because the numbers that signal good health are not on my side right now.

With the assessment on record my monthly cost drops to $0. That is $300 assuming I work with the same company for the next year. The only reason this post is called 'almost free health care' is it took me 30-40 minutes to fill it out.

No comments: