Thursday, February 7, 2008

Eating at home

In addition to trying to get my financial life together I’m trying to get improve my eating habits. I’m not trying to be an all out health nut, just improve things a little at the time. In the past I’ve dieted off 10-15 pounds with a lot of focus then slowly gained it back when life got busy and/or stressful.

Luckily my health and financial goals dovetail nicely. The main goal is to get most of my meals from my fridge. Even when the things I cook aren’t good for me it is still healthier than anything I could get at Burger King, Applebee’s or any other major chain. It is also much better for the wallet.

The main exceptions will be when I'm on the traveling for work (and getting reimbursed), a monthly work meeting (sadly not reimbursed) and one date night meal a month.

Look for recipes in the coming posts.

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

Eating at home is a great way to keep bad stuff out of your mouth...just make sure to go grocery shopping when you have a lot of will power.