Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sigh of Releif & Help

In my thankful post I mentioned having a job I love 95% of the time. What I didn't say was I love having great coworkers. We are a small group- our director, 2 program managers, and 2 assistants. In our grant driven world this time of year can be challenging, so the unexpected deadline we received 9 days ago was a lot to manage. We hit our goal a few hours to spare yesterday.

Now the help- holiday party with friends. The host is making chili and cornbread. She has also baked a ridiculous amount of cookies. Everyone else is supposed bring something but I have no clue. Usually I would have spent the past few evening looking for recipes, but that work thing got in the way. So does anyone have any great recipes that are not super hard?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara, I love your blog and read it all the time, but I don't think I've ever commented. I'll have to do so more often!

But for now, a quick recipe for fruit salad. Drain the juice of a 20 (ish) oz. can of pineapple chunks into a bowl (reserving pineapple). Add a small box of vanilla instant pudding, and 2 Tbsp. Tang (that orange drink mix), whisk until smooth. Then, stir in the pineapple chunks, a can of drained mandarin oranges, and a jar of drained maraschino cherries. You can also add bananas, but those turn brown and mushy quickly.

I try not to use so many canned items, or ones with preservatives, but sometimes you just have to have recipes like this to fall back on! And this is a yummy one!