Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Wrapping it up

So the presents are bought. I've yet to figure out wrapping, but that's ok because Gameboy believes that wrapping paper is only for children. He tends to use random boxes and or plastic bags that we have around the house. If you ask him he'd say because it's cheap, not green. I say it's because he's lazy, but no matter what the environment & our budget benefits. I tend to be a bit more creative, but still avoiding the paper. One year he got a folded hoodie that had goodies in the pocket, hood, and sleves.

Though I still need to figure out wrapping, I am in the mood to put super cute bows all over whatever I do. All you need are a few brads*, some magazine pages, scissors, and maybe a hole punch. If you have poor cutting skills like I do a pencil and ruler will also help.

The basics:
  1. Cut your paper into 9, 3/4 to 1 inche strips.
  2. Twist paper like you're making a ribbon for your lapel. You want the end of the strip and the middle of the strip on top of each other.
  3. Repeat with the other end.
  4. Hole punch (or carefully poke holes with scissors) through all three layers and slip the brad through.
  5. Repeat until you have used all of the strips.
For a picture tutorial head over to A Heart for Home, where I learned about this fun.

*These are the fasteners you use on paper dolls. Round dot on top with two straight parts that start off together and split once you make the hole.

No comments: