Saturday, March 28, 2009

Unexpected Prosper Funds

I have money invested with Prosper and Lending Club- two peer-to-peer lending sites. The loans I've funded at both sites have been successful so far, which is great. Until recently though Prosper had a minimum withdrawal of $25 or $50. So even though I was earning money I couldn't access it.

So imagine my surprise when I logged into Prosper to get an idea of how much was hanging out there and realized that the withdrawal minimum had been lifted. As I'm sure you've already guessed that those funds ($19.76) are on their way to my bank for a brief layover before going towards debt. An additional $5.33 was at Lending Club, so next week we'll be 25.09 closer to our goals.

Prosper is going through a quiet period, so they're not taking any new lenders. Lending Club is taking new lenders. They have a nice referral program where new referred lenders receive $50. If you're interested leave a comment and I'll send a referral.

No comments: