Monday, May 19, 2008

funkytown

I've been in a bit of a funk for the past week. I'm working on getting caught up at home and at work from when I was sick earlier this month. Everytime I make a bit of headway another pile lands on my list. I also think that our decision to hold off on paying down debt until we close on a house is taking it's toll. When we made the decision we were thinking that by now we'd have an accepted offer and be working towards closing. Instead the market for the area we're most interested in is booming and each house that we like has 3-5 offers within days of listing.

There is a rush to seeing the numbers go down that makes it easier to keep pace with the ways I've been trying to pay down debt. Though my snowflake account is growing nicely (2K+) it's not at all the same feeling. I think I'm going to take a couple of days to chill out. For the rest of the week I'm going to work between 9 and 5, keep the food low key, read, and watch some bad tv, and think of fun things to do on my favorite holiday (Memorial day). Hopefully bringing the intensity down a few notches will get things in check.

No comments: