Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Snowflakes, the good kind

Though I whined about snowflakes yesterday I have to say I'm happy with the snowflakes headed to my bank. Tomorrow is the halfway mark for the month and I'm up to $381.38!

Technically the figure is $409.05, but I decided to take the money I spent eating out for lunch while babysitting out of the snowflakes. I may be babysitting for that family again later this month and I will definitely be bringing enough food to tide me over to avoid eating out.

The snowflakes are a mix of passive and active income. I've seen passive income defined as income outside of your regular job. I define it as the things I don't have to put time or thought into. In the case of my snowflakes it's interest from the snowflake account and returns from Lending Club. For me active income are the things that require work/effort for the reward. In this column it's babysitting, mystery shopping, surveys, etc.

I don't have enough planned to double that before the end of the month but I'm going to try to hit the $500 mark.

1 comment:

moneytummy said...

Good luck reaching $500!