Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What doesn't work for me

Every few Wednesday's I participate in Work's for Me Wednesdays over at Rocks in My Dryer. Usually it's a something I recently discovered, like my cleaning experiments, snacking on the go, or uses for junk mail.

Since focusing on my debt and a tight budget something that hasn't worked for me is following everyone else's deals. When I first found Money Saving Mom and iMommies- both of which I love- I tried following the deals they construct for Walgreen's and different grocery stores. The problem? I live in a household with two adults. Many of the deals I find involve buying way too much for the two of us, even with stockpiling, or buying products that we don't need. I also found myself spending too much time* trying to save money. Saving a ton of money on things that don't help our household just doesn't make sense, if anything it ends up costing more money.


* We're talking hours of looking at sites, making lists, etc without much reward. As I mentioned the other day if it takes a few minutes and the time is worth the money, sure, if not I need to move on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm especially glad you did because it introduced me to your blog, which I TOTALLY LOVE! Thanks so much! You're in my blog reader now, and I look forward to reading more!